Managing core components of implementation, including procurement, financial management, personnel, reporting, and donor relationship management
Not all donors possess extensive regulations detailing how the donee must manage their funding. However, the landscape is fast changing and NGOs must determine how best to implement their funded projects in a responsible and transparent manner.
This course covers best practices for managing core components of implementation, including procurement, financial management, personnel, reporting, and donor relationship management. These topics are addressed across the five project stages of proposal, negotiation, start-up, implementation and closeout, to identify key decisions and action items at each phase. Each topic will be examined from the perspective of senior leadership and program/operational staff using real-life scenarios. Potential sources for risk and inefficiency are discussed to explore proactive solutions related to monitoring, documentation and process improvement.
- Finance staff
- Grants staff
- Program staff
- Senior leaders
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify key decisions and action items for each project phase
- Build and manage collaborative relationships with donors
- Identify essential components of organizational policies
- Identify team-based approaches for managing risk
- Contribute to developing management tools and templates for your organization